KPMG is one of the Big Four accounting and auditing firms in the world alongside, PwC, Delloitte and Earnest & Young.
It’s the dream of many Business school graduates to work with KPMG or any other Big Four firms because of the high entry level salaries that they offer.
The firm regularly advertises its annual graduate program for young graduates to get in as well as vacancies for experienced professionals.
The salary scales at KPMG Kenya are generally competitive and career progression with even higher salaries is always guaranteed as long as your key performance indicators (KPIs) are consistently impressive.
Working experience at KPMG is also a good stepping stone to senior management roles in other renowned corporations not just in Kenya, but globally.
Therefore, if you get a chance to work at KPMG Kenya, do whatever it takes not to lose it.
The KPMG Kenya office is located along Waiyaki Way in Westlands, Nairobi. It is also the headquarters of KPMG East Africa.
Below are the salary scales for some of the job positions at KPMG Kenya:
- Graduate program recruits (for fresh graduates or university students in their final year): Starting salary is KES.75, 000 and could increase to over 100,000 upon permanent confirmation.
- Internship: Interns at KPMG Kenya earn up to KES.30,000 per month. Learn more here
- Audit Associate: The salary ranges between KES. 100,000 to KES.110,000 per month
- Senior Audit Associate: KES.130,000 per month
- Audit Manager: Monthly salary ranges between KES.300, 000 to KES.400, 000 depending on experience and qualifications.
- Senior Audit Manager: KES. 500,000 per month or higher based on qualifications and experience
- Managing Partner: These are the highest paid employees at KPMG Kenya earning at least KES.800.000 per month.
- IT Manager: Earns an average of KES.400, 000 per month just like any other manager of that caliber.
- Personal Assistant to the CEO: The salary ranges between KES. 120,000 which is higher than the average of KES.80, 000 in other companies in Kenya.
- Program Manager: KES. 500,000 per month
- Deal Advisory Transaction Manager: This position deals with advisory on mergers and acquisitions. The average deals manager salary is KES.400,000
- Grant & Fund Manager/ Finance Specialist: Average monthly salary ranges between KES.350, 000 to 400,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
- Learning & Development Manager: Earns an average of KS.350,000 to KES.400,000 per month
- Assistant Human Resources Officer (Talent Acquisition or operations): Monthly salary averages KES.100,000 per month or higher depending on experience and qualifications
- Tax Manager: Average of KES.350, 000 to KES.400, 000 per month depending on experience and qualifications.
The list above is not exhaustive as there are many other new roles that keep on emerging at KPMG Kenya depending on restructuring needs and emergence of new technologies.
The salary scales are also subject to review from time to time if the management deems it necessary.
Overall, KPMG Kenya offers some of the best remuneration packages for their workers which are generally higher than what the average Kenyan corporate job pays.
It is also ranked as one of the best companies to work for in Kenya with an employer approval rating of ⅘ by its employees.
To get a job at KPMG Kenya, you need to have a mean grade of at least B (Plain) in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) and an average of B in both English and Mathematics and an age bracket of 21 to 26.
You also have to pass the aptitude test, group interviews and partners’ interviews for entry level jobs such as the graduate program recruitment.
Various job positions are advertised throughout the year apart from the graduate program recruitment which runs only once per year.
You can check for available vacancies in the KPMG Kenya website or any other Kenyan job board.